A lot of shots required


















I remember watching the Swallows at the local nature reserve last month, I think, in the pouring rain and trying to see if I could get a shot as they flew straight towards me over the water. I got one shot that was marginally in focus... Not great.

But yesterday, with the weather being a little dull, I tried again and out of probably a hundred shots trying, I got....... 1!!!! That's right. Just the one. With the wind behind them, they could have been reaching speeds up to 50mph as they hurtled towards me and they often flew into the air before dropping back down and darting around unexpectedly! But I tried and tried. Here is a shot of a young fledgling Blue Tit hanging from a willow branch, a Long Tailed Tit fledgling and, of course, the Swallow in flight over the water. These shots have been cropped, a small amount of sharpening added.

I hope that you like these shots. Please do not take them and use them without permission. *They are copyrighted*

Matt

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts