Macro session....

Went to have a play around with the macro lens.  Some friends of ours had told us that they had a Goldfinch nest in their hedgerow... RIGHT next to a main road and path.  I went down a couple of evenings ago and couldn't find the nest despite my benefits of watching the adults - they were very cunning and went around the back of the hedge!

But this evening, I went to have a look and Dave and Charlie (thanks again) showed me where it was.  Wow.  No wonder I missed it first time round.  I was staring it in the face and still struggled to see it.  Incredible camouflage and would fool all those walking by... myself included I'm afraid to say.

I had a plan of going towards the nest, taking a few photos, then moving away to a safe distance for five or ten minutes, then going back to try again.  I think I did this three times... maybe four.  In the middle of photographing the little guys, I was lost photographing the flowers in the flower beds.  A great evening...

The concrete drive acted as a fairly nice, neutral background I think... your thoughts?

It truly is a jungle out there!

Went for a bit of backlighting from the setting sun through the hedge row

I noticed that a small flower head was caught on a large Rhubarb leaf.

Here's one of the little Goldfinch chicks.  They still have a fair bit of fluff on them but they weren't
bothered by the camera clicks...

Hope that you like these images.

Matt

Comments

Popular Posts