Panoramic wildlife?

I've always liked images that show some off the animal or bird in its habitat.  I've often looked at how some of the photographers from other countries do it and decided that, in Lincolnshire at least, we don't have dramatic mountains for backgrounds that I've seen on some environmental shots.  But... I have tried it a few times.


The Short Eared Owl from April

Today I was looking across one of the lakes at the local nature reserve and wondered whether it was time to try another one...  I took five vertical images and blended them together to create a panoramic image.  I then altered curves, levels, exposure, colour balance, added a vignette and removed a couple of coots and this was my result:

Greylag goose family over one of the lakes today

I don't know if this works well?  Certainly the light was a bit... well... midday light bright - not like the Short Eared Owl image above that was taken about an hour after sunrise.  Also, the geese were quite close together and two overlap pretty tightly and I was at a high view point than the geese... 

Hope that you like these two...

Matt

Comments

Popular Posts