Just a few things

I had a fairly relaxed summer but did get a few things done.  So, here are just a few of these:

Scottern Common
So one of the things I wanted to do this summer was to visit Scottern Common nature reserve because I wanted to photograph some very pretty flowers.  When I arrived in the early evening, I found that the flowers had closed up.  This is something I didn't know that they did....  that was embarrassing but I did take this image so all was not lost.


Muscovy Duck
Next.  There were some weird ducks that turned up on the reserve and I was after some close up images of them.  One morning, my Dad and I were walking along a lane and they just popped up out from the grass verge.  They stood in the middle of the lane causing a car to have to drive carefully around them.  They let me crawl towards them (because of this, we think that they are probably escapee ducks) so I got some nice low images.  I prefer this image taken just before the sun punched through the cloud.


Kingfisher
Finally.  The Kingfisher.  I'd heard that it was flying around and popped down a few mornings in a row.  I was after a shot in flight...  it never happened.  However, I managed a perched image like this and I thought that it showed the habitat relatively well and she had a fish so I was fairly happy with that.

Hope that you like these.

Matt

Comments

Popular Posts