Down by the lake...

Ok so it's been over 4 months since I last posted.  I've not really got much to go with in those last 4 months photography-wise: I'd take my camera out on a walk and come back with nothing. That was until yesterday when I spent an hour and a half watching and photographing the Great Crested Grebes on the lake just up the road.  I'd seen them a few weeks ago and realised they were beginning their courtship ritual. So I went back yesterday morning before most people were up and saw them dancing and courting!  It was bliss!  The light was amazing - but maybe a little backlit.  A friendly Wren kept me company most of the morning as did a couple of fleeting visits from a Treecreeper.  A female Sparrowhawk made a sweep of the area but she didn't catch anything.  If only you could have heard the noises from the Corvids and the song birds when she made her appearance...

Female Mallard having a stretch

Backlit Grebe... don't know what people will make of this type of image

Another backlit Grebe

Dancing Grebes

Dancing Grebes

Dancing Grebes

Something a bit different is one of the Grebes from the second time I went down to see them.  I took it just as the sun had disappeared behind clouds and the transition from afternoon to dusk was taking place:



I hope that you like these images.

Matt

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts