Back in a mo!



I'm back almost two years after my last post.  I thought that I would have more opportunity to update this blog but, with the ease of Instagram posting, I rarely think to write blog posts about what I've been up to.  But I want to share a selection of images with you.  There probably won't be much description/discussion (you may prefer that!) but here we go...  

Let's start with the scenics.  I usually just seek out the wildlife images but occasionally, a view or an "intimate landscape" shot will present itself:

Lake District during the Beast from the East

Dreamy reedbedness

More dreamy reedbedness

Are silhouette images still my thing?  Yes....

Redstart in Cartagena, Spain

Blue Tit on the reserve... don't need to go anywhere exotic for silhouettes!

Oh, and if it's a small in the frame silhouette, all the better!

Small in the frame Nuthatch, Norfolk

Greylags heading to roost

Kestrel hunting at last light

Wigeon heading off

Time for some wildlife portraits...

A friendly and inquisitive Turnstone at the seaside

The look given just before your fish and chips disappear...

A beautiful Fallow at Burghley Park

Finishing off with another Turnstone, Cromer

Getting close to these animals was pure luck.  I'd love to say I commando crawled carefully and intricately across the terrain but not on these occasions.  Plenty of times, I can't get close and instead portray the animal in its environment.

Burghley Fallows

Blue Tit moving on

Roe Deer playing hide and seek

Hunting Short Eared Owl...  Such a beautiful bird to watch

Only a couple left to share.  I wouldn't say I have changed that much in terms of photography style.  I still like to take my camera for a walk in the hope of seeing something and I still like to try and portray the world how I see it, often striving for silhouette images or with the subject small in the frame.  I still end up being the odd one who stops and lays down on a path next to... well, ducks as an example...  Oftentimes people don't notice what I'm doing, occasionally there is some bewilderment/confusion/hilarity.  Hopefully though, in my exploits the passer-by will realise the nature around them either through the images I share or simply by stumbling over me lying in the middle of the blumin' path!


With that, I leave you with the last one for this blog.


Bye for now,

M

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts