Where has the time gone?

I can't believe how time has flown since my last post on this blog way back there in summer.  Since then... I can't say I have really taken many images.  It has been a battle with getting time out and getting good weather and those two things didn't really come together.

But I was out the last couple of weekends and experienced very different weather conditions both weekends.  The weekend I headed back to home, I had mist and foggy conditions which made for an interesting atmosphere around my local nature reserve.  Then last weekend, the sun made a spectacular break through and we had wonderful light, if a little harsh... We're never satisfied!

I thought I would share with you a few images from the last post.


 So last weekend was a foggy one.  I sat in the hide watching this female Goldeneye and wondering if I could get an image that worked.  I liked the ghost like appearance of the reeds and the way how they gave more to the image than just a silhouetted female Goldeneye.





On the weekend that my exams finished, I got on the bus to Thornton le Dale and walked into Dalby Forest.  This is an HDR image of the Forest Drive.  I loved the way how the damp road shown as the winter sun poked out behind the trees.  A deliberate underexposure in camera to give a darker kind of image.







Last weekend, I headed down to the local lake to try and get some images of the returned Great Crested Grebes.  However, I got a little distracted by the other wildlife around the lake.  The sun was out and this Treecreeper was silhouetted as it hung from the weeping willow branches.




The Snowdrops have been flowering in force around here as well.  The sun was just setting on these Snowdrops as I tried to get an image to show them backlit with the sun dropping behind them.  Not quite the image I was hoping for but that gives me something to work on if the weather remains fine.





Now.  These Great Crested Grebes are a bird that I absolutely love to see and photograph.  I have been keeping an eye out for their return.  As luck would have it, the arrived a couple of weeks back to the lake.  I headed down to the lake in the sunlight hopeful to see and photograph both.  When I got there, I only found this chap.  I was delighted to see him but slightly disappointed not to find his partner.  Then when I got home and checked out a friends Flickr posts... there were the two Grebes on the lake not only together but performing their famous "weed dance"....  That gives me a second image to work for!


Thank you for looking at these images and I hope that you like them.

Matt




EDIT:  I don't know why Blogspot can't display the Grebe image correctly but I suggest going to this web link and clicking on the image to see it without the whites blowing out like on here.

Comments

Popular Posts