Do you hate this photo?

This shot was taken in the café where I photographed the Robin below. With this shot, I already had the silhouette in the way I had hoped. But first I cropped the image, added a vignette, turned down the temperature to get the blue tones rather than a light blue grey colour for the background; turned up the contrast to get the pure silhouette and finally used the burn tool to remove some of the distracting moss on the roof. Do you hate this photo knowing what has been done to it?

This shot of a Robin was taken around a café waiting for food. I added a vignette, kept the colours of the Robin whilst turning the background into B&W and upping the contrast dramatically. After that I used the burn tool to get remove the bright parts of the branch in the background. I finally used the sponge tool to desaturate certain areas of the Robin which showed the green background. Do you hate this photo knowing what has been done to it?

This is a juvenile Pied Wagtail. This shot has been straightened in photoshop, cropped and a small piece of faeces was removed from the wood... Does it make you hate the photo knowing that work has been done?


Just come back from a special place with my family. It was great to see the local wildlife and I have attached some shots.

These shots lead me on to post production in photoshop. I often do work to remove little parts of a photo that I don't like using the clone tool (or burn tools if I have an almost dark background into which I can blend the part into the background). I know that I have talked about this in a previous post but I feel that as long as you say what has been done to the shot then that is fine. I usually add a vignette to my photos to try to keep the eye focused on the subject and I see no problem with that as it is very difficult to obtain a vignette naturally. These shots below have had post production to a certain degree but I have described that below the image.

I hope that you like these shots and all comments and criticisms are welcome.

Matt

Comments

Popular Posts