A disappointing morning.... maybe...

After spending 5 and a half hours in a hide on Thursday and not seeing the Kingfisher (what I was hoping to see), I photographed the Great Crested Grebes and the birds at the feeding station.  I thought that I would have some shots to take home and they would be keepers: then I got home and saw that they were terrible.  What had gone wrong??  I still don't know.  But here are a few of those which are not too bad - just don't inspect the Grebe shots too closely or you'll see that there is some backfocusing involved...





The bottom Great Crested Grebe image has had a vignette applied, a feather in the water removed and was originally cropped.  The middle image has had a high pass filter added, been cropped, certain marks removed from the water (flies or camera dust?).  The top image has had a couple of leaves removed, a high pass filter added and has been cropped in a little.  


I hope that you like these shots and all comments and criticisms are welcome.  


Matt




*Please don't remove any images from this blog without asking permission from me first.  Thanks.*

Comments

Popular Posts