Not trying to decieve anybody...


There is heated debate, throughout the photography forums and magazines, and sometimes even the TV shows, about the different ideas behind manipulating wildlife images. After listening to Chris Packham and Simon King talk about this on an episode of BBC Springwatch, I sided with Chris Packham and that is that it should be able to happen as long as you are honest. Listening to a lecture given by Chris Packham at this years Birdfair, we were shown some of his superb photos: one of which made the audience react very interestingly. He showed a photo of a Petrel and an iceberg in the background. The two elements had been photographed miles and miles away from each other. The audience groaned but Chris Packham calmed them by saying that this is not a new thing and has been happening for a very, very long time. He gave us an example of a famous landscape photographer who had discovered putting extra elements into the frame from other photos. For example, he would put moons into the photo when they were never there originally.

Therefore, I tried doing some manipulating again. This female House Sparrow was photographed in my backgarden. I then copied just the bird into another layer before adding a 'guassian blur' in Photoshop. I then cloned out where the bird feeders had been and applied the blur again. I then pasted the bird back onto the photo and cropped to suit how I had visualised the shot. I finally adding a sharpening tool onto the layer where the bird was so that it was sharper.

I am not trying to decieve you. This is what I had hoped the shot to look like. I hope that you like the result.

I will have more to follow this so 'stay tuned' as it were!

Comments

Popular Posts