Lone Curlew


I thought that I would try a bit of minimalism with this Curlew. I liked the sky. However, I have increased the canvas size and have also increased saturation, played with curves and looked at colour balance in Photoshop to increase the colour in the sky and to increase the darkness in the Curlew to make the silhouette a bit more pronounced.

I am aware that some photographers and viewers are against using photoshop in this way. However, Springwatch this year mentioned this. Chris Packham and Simon King both agreed that being honest about this post production is a good thing. However, I would never enter a photograph such as this one into a competition as I don't think that it is right.
I hope that people don't try to decieve others in this way abd so therefore I am being honest if I have done any post production.

I hope that you agree with me and I hope that you like how I have altered this image.

Comments

Popular Posts