Potteric Carr visit


Today me and my Father visited Potteric Carr nature reserve just inside Doncaster. We visited the Field Centre first for a bite to eat. Then I was interested in going to Piper Marsh and Willow Marsh (if memory serves me correctly). Willow marsh has a hide just opposite the Field Centre where there is a small feeding station that is brilliant for photographing Blue Tits, Great Tits, Chaffinch and Greater Spotted Woodpecker (pictured). We also saw Water Rail, Moorhen (with tiny chicks!), Heron, Mallard Ducks, White Throat and a Kingfisher. We moved onto Piper Marsh where there were more wading birds, then onto the newer section of the reserve and back to visit Willow Marsh again.

I hope that you like this photo of the Greater Spotted Woodpecker.

Comments

Popular Posts