Two different images

Well...  The purists out there may not like this image of a Goldfinch today as the feeders that were right next to the bird have, strangely, disappeared....  Yes, photoshop can be very interesting!  I took many images today at the feeders trying to get the smaller birds in flight.  I went for the Goldfinches first and, as you can see below, this was the only image I got from the whole session.  I tried to get Blue and Great Tits but I couldn't quite keep up with their master aerobatics!

Very difficult to photograph these small birds in flight
at the feeders!
Here's the Goldfinch which has had the background blurred out a little and the feeders removed in the process. The problem that I have about this image is that the wing closest is not in the best position and that the light isn't really on the eye or the face of bird so it doesn't look great in that sense.








Next up was a Redwing which makes this image the third image of a Redwing in about three years...  I know, what have I been playing at!  Well, I followed it briefly through the little woodland area until it lost me.  As it was darker in the wood, I upped the ISO and knew that this would be a completely different image to the one above.  So, I cropped to a pano-type image, added a vignette and alterred the curves a little.  Then, I removed a slightly distracting branch from the top of the frame.  This is the end result:

Not the best image, I suppose, but one that I had to
keep for the record!














Matt

Comments

Popular Posts