Wonderful

In between the exam revision, me, Mum and Dad went for a walk at the local nature reserve.  I deliberately decided to use this walk as a break - in the afternoon - from my revision.  Unfortunately, the light that was superb in the morning had all turned into dull, dark cloud...  Oh, well.  I needed a walk.

I am so glad that we still went.  We saw a White Fronted Goose, Smew (migrant duck from Scandinavia) and, incredibly, a Peregrine Falcon!  I have never seen a Peregrine at this reserve before (only at Lincoln Cathedral) so to see one glide past the hide was absolutely stunning.  I fired off many, many shots with my camera and was eager to see what I had got when it disappeared off towards the Humber Estuary.  I turned on the LCD of the camera and, before my very eyes, was a dull, dark, cloudy silhouette of a raptor...  Win some, lose some I suppose.  Still.  I thought that I would post some of the Peregrine and the White Fronted Goose.  I was 'chuffed' to bits to see them!!

See.  Bird watching can be a hobby for the whole family.  Get out there and experience the nature.  You might be in for a surprise!!



Both very distant shots but I was so pleased to see them...

Comments

Popular Posts